As Animaleft gets off the ground, we keep noticing developments that strike us as being tailor made for our way of looking at the world. The recent fires in the Amazon for example. Take a look at this picture:
Looks like quite the correlation between slaughterhouses, soy plantations and fires doesn’t it? Who is investing in these CAFOs and soy farms? Here’s a great article explaining the intricacies of the business and political landscape surrounding the fires.
Now that you have subscribed to that newsletter, you might be interested in knowing where we are coming from. Let’s start at the very beginning.
- A very good place to start is the New Republic piece that got us thinking about animals and left wing politics, which lead to a couple of us writing an essay for Scroll:
- Alok and Rajesh’s piece in Scroll on animal rights.
- And then a long note by Kavita Krishnan – well known CPI-ML member, in case you don’t know who she is.
- Rukmini Shekhar’s interview with Lisa Kemmerer on feminism and animal rights.
- And finally, our own Nais Dave’s animal rights podcast.
That’s it for now. We’ll be back with more in a week.